Monday, August 4, 2008

Week of August 4th

Today I scoured the ads and compared them against the coupons I had. I'll be making a grocery run and a Target run this week, so we'll see how the receipts come out.



Here is my menu for this week:



Monday: Leftovers (Poppyseed chicken w/noodles and peas)

Tuesday: Cobb salad

Wednesday: Grilled halibut steaks, zucchini & white bean salad

Thursday: Turkey Paninis

Friday: Homemade Chinese...Crunchy Noodle Salad, Beef & Broccoli

Saturday: Leftovers/Up for grabs

Sunday: Chicken Enchiladas



Cost for Poppyseed Chicken:

Frozen chicken breasts (6): $4

2 cans cream of mushroom soup: $2

16 oz. sour cream: $2

1 stick butter: $0.75

2 sleeves Ritz crackers: $1.75

2 Tbsp. poppy seeds: $1.95

Spaghetti Noodles: $1

Frozen Peas: $1.50

Total: $14.95/6 to 8 servings = $1.87 to $2.49 per serving

That's not too bad. I had people for dinner and made this Sunday night. If I had made it for the husband and myself, we could have gotten 3 days' worth of dinner out of it instead of 2. I also had to approximate some of the prices (like the poppy seeds). I had everything for this recipe in my pantry except the Ritz crackers.

0 comments: