Tuesday, November 11, 2008

In-home salon

I'm coloring my hair this morning. (Funny how the things you always meant to do start to line up as NEED to do right before a trip!) I have been coloring my hair on and off for awhile now, so I feel totally comfortable coloring my own hair.

Before I started clipping coupons and planning my shopping around sales, I would buy whatever haircolor was on sale...and the cheapest I could usually find was about $7. Which still beats the salon, right?

But I've picked up two boxes of hair color in the last month...one for $2 and one for $1. By combining store coupons, mfr. coupons, and store sales, I'm able to stock up on something I need for a much better price! This leaves more wiggle room in my budget.

Now, as I plan my weekly and monthly budgets, I try to leave a little room in them to buy the things that I'll need to stock up on should they go on sale. {Another one in this category is diapers!} It's so empowering to choose the price you want to pay for something, isn't it?

0 comments: