Thursday, November 13, 2008

Prepping for Hawaii

Hawaii is now only a plane-ride away. As I've been getting ready for this trip, I've taken some steps to save a few pennies here and there:

  1. Checked out some books from the library, both guidebooks and pleasure-reading.
  2. Bringing snacks to supplement our lunches on the trip. Grocery prices in Hawaii are even higher than California.
  3. Talked to friends who know the area really well to let me know which restaurants are a good deal and which are worth splurging on.
  4. Saved the magazines I subscribe to for the last few weeks so they are new to me when I read them on the plane. This way, I won't buy a magazine at the newsstand in the airport.
  5. Parking our car in long-term parking away from the airport. This is the first time we've done this, so I'll let you know how it goes. (I'm not paying $22 a day again!)

Although I'll be in communicado for the next few days, I'll still have posts up and I'll have lots to report when I get back! Aloha!

0 comments: