Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Why I'm Blogging

I started reading blogs about saving money at the beginning of the summer. They all have great tips and each one is unique. As I flitted from one blog to another, I started to notice that there really weren't any bloggers from California (and, more specifically, the Bay Area).


I wondered why that might be and the first thing that popped into my head was that there are a lot of families in the Bay Area who fall under the category "DINK" (or Dual Income, No Kids). People earn high wages here and when both the husband and the wife are working, "saving money" is not usually a topic of conversation.

Well, I don't fall into the "DINK" category anymore. Upon the birth of my twin daughters, I became a stay at home mom. This is something that is important to my husband and me and we are willing to make the necessary sacrifices so that I can stay home with our girls. However, it does take some creativity and perseverance to make it on one income in this neck of the woods.

That's how "Savvy Star Baby" was born. I know, it's a silly name, but the purpose of the blog is to gather the tips and tricks that I find into one place. That way, those of you who might be in the same boat can have content that better relates to you. (Of course, I welcome visitors from outside California, too!)

So I'd like to say, welcome to my blog. I'm glad you're here and I'd love to hear from you. Thanks for stopping in! (And don't forget to tell your friends to stop by, too!)

0 comments: