Friday, October 31, 2008

Ghoulish Gathering

We are having family over for Halloween tonight. With the kids being so little, we're not doing trick or treating yet. Of course, they will dress up in their costumes, though! (The adults are coming in costume, too!)


I found this recipe for Mummy Dogs and thought they'd be perfect for our party (especially since I've got lots of hot dogs in my freezer!). We'll add some baked beans on the side. To drink, I'm going to pick up some purple and/or green sodas (Safeway brand 2 liters of grape soda are $0.81 each!). For dessert, we're having pizookie: chocolate chip cookies baked in a round, pizza shape. You slightly underbake the cookies, top with vanilla ice cream, and serve immediately. Oh my goodness...so good.

For decorations, I needed to keep things on the low cost side. Read: basically use things from around the house (or that I could borrow!). I'll post some pictures of what I was able to rustle up on Monday.

Have a fun and safe Halloween!

0 comments: